Main content start
Main content start
Results for: 2018
- Che, X., D. Metaxa-Kakavouli, and J.T. Hancock. “Fake News in the News: An Analysis of Partisan Coverage of the Fake News Phenomenon”. In Companion of the 2018 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW ’18). 289-292, November 8, 2018.
- Hancock, J.T., M. Woodworth, and R. Boochever. “Psychopaths Online: The Linguistic Traces of Psychopathy in Email, Text Messaging and Facebook”. Media and Communication, 6 (3), 83-92, September 28, 2018.
- Ho, A., J.T. Hancock, and A.S. Miner. “Psychological, Relational, and Emotional Effects of Self-Disclosure After Conversations With a Chatbot”. Journal of Communication, 68(4), 712–733, August 1, 2018.
- Markowitz, D.M., J.T. Hancock, and S.T. Tong. “Interpersonal Dynamics in Online Dating: Profiles, Matching, and Discovery”. A Networked Self and Love. New York, Routledge, June 12, 2018.
- Luo, M., J.T. Hancock, and D. Markowitz. “Perceptions and Detection Accuracy of News on Social Media”. 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 24, 2018.
- Mieczkowski, H., S.X. Liu, J.T. Hancock, and B. Reeves. “Status and Social Robots: Perceptions Based on Physical Characteristics. Communicating With Machines”. 69th Annual International Communication Association Pre-Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 1, 2018.
- Markowitz, D.M., and J.T. Hancock. “Deception in Mobile Dating Conversations”. Journal of Communication, (1-23), April 26, 2018.
- Metaxa-Kakavouli, D., K. Wang, J.A. Landay, and J.T. Hancock. “Gender-Inclusive Design: Sense of Belonging and Bias in Web Interfaces”. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’18), April 21, 2018.
- DeVito, M.A., J. Birnholtz, J.T. Hancock, M. French, and Liu S. “How People Form Folk Theories of Social Media Feeds and What It Means for How We Study Self”. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2018), April 21, 2018.
- DeVito, M.A., J.T. Hancock, M. French, J. Birnholtz, J. Antin, K. Karahalios, S. Tong, and I. Shklovski. “The Algorithm and the User: How Can HCI Use Lay Understandings of Algorithmic Systems?”. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI EA 2018), April 21, 2018.
- Markowitz, D.M. “Academy Awards Speeches Reflect Social Status, Cinematic Roles, and Winning Expectations”. Journal of Language and Social Psychology, January 9, 2018.
- Ho, S.M., and J.T. Hancock. “Computer-Mediated Deception: Collective Language-Action Cues As Stigmergic Signals for Computational Intelligence”. Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 1671-1680, January 3, 2018.
- Markowitz, D.M., J.T. Hancock, J.N. Bailenson, and B. Reeves. “The Media Marshmallow Test: Psychological and Physiological Effects of Applying Self-Control to the Mobile Phone”. SSRN, November 14, 2017.