Main content start
Main content start
Results for: Hancock J.T.
- Lee, Angela, Gloria Moskowitz-Sweet, Erica Pelavin, Omar Rivera, and Jeffrey Hancock. “‘Bringing You into the zoom’: The Power of Authentic Engagement in a Time of Crisis in the USA”. Journal of Children and Media, DOI: 10.1080/17482798.2020.1858437, April 23, 2021.
- Moore, R.C., and J.T. Hancock. “Older Adults, Social Technologies, and the Coronavirus Pandemic: Challenges, Strengths, and Strategies for Support”. Social Media + Society, 1-12, doi.org/10.1177%2F2056305120948162, August 11, 2020.
- Hancock, J.T., M. Naaman, and K. Levy. “ AI-Mediated Communication: Definition, Research Agenda, and Ethical Considerations”. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 1-12, https://doi.org/10.1093/jcmc/zmz022 ., January 24, 2020.
- Luo, M., and J.T. Hancock. “Complementing the Self Online: The Humblebrag and Self-Presentation in Social Media”. Complimenting behavior across social media: New contexts and emerging trends, November 14, 2019.
- Luo, M., and J.T. Hancock. “Self-Disclosure and Psychological Well-Being in Social Media”. Current Opinion in Psychology (31) 110-115, November 3, 2019.
- Metaxa, D., J.S. Park, J.A. Landay, and J.T. Hancock. “Search Media and Elections: A Longitudinal Investigation of Political Search Results in the 2018 U.S. Elections”.
- Liu, S.X., E. Arredondo, H. Mieczkowski, J.T. Hancock, and B. Reeves. “A Picture Is (still) Worth a Thousand Words: The Impact of Appearance and Characteristic Narratives on people’s Perceptions of Social Robots”. 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference, Washington, D.C., March 19, 2019.
- Mieczkowski, H., S.X. Liu, J.T. Hancock, and B. Reeves. “Helping Not Hurting: Applying the Stereotype Content Model and BIAS Map to Social Robotics”. 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference, Washington, D.C., March 19, 2019.
- Hancock, J.T., X. Liu, M. French, and H. Mieczkowski. “Social Media Use and Psychological Well-Being: A Meta-Analysis”.
- Jakesch, D., M. French, X. Ma, J.T. Hancock, and M. Naaman. “ AI-Mediated Communication: How Profile Generation by AI Affects Perceived Trustworthiness”. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2019), February 20, 2019.
- Ho, S.M., and J.T. Hancock. “Context in a Bottle: Language-Action Cues in Spontaneous Computer-Mediated Deception”. Computers in Human Behavior, 91, 33-41, February 1, 2019.
- Lee, A. “Interview With Jeff Hancock”. Intersect: The Stanford Journal of Science, Technology, and Society, 12 (1), 1-7, January 20, 2019.
- Che, X., D. Metaxa-Kakavouli, and J.T. Hancock. “Fake News in the News: An Analysis of Partisan Coverage of the Fake News Phenomenon”. In Companion of the 2018 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW ’18). 289-292, November 8, 2018.
- Hancock, J.T., M. Woodworth, and R. Boochever. “Psychopaths Online: The Linguistic Traces of Psychopathy in Email, Text Messaging and Facebook”. Media and Communication, 6 (3), 83-92, September 28, 2018.
- Ho, A., J.T. Hancock, and A.S. Miner. “Psychological, Relational, and Emotional Effects of Self-Disclosure After Conversations With a Chatbot”. Journal of Communication, 68(4), 712–733, August 1, 2018.
- Markowitz, D.M., J.T. Hancock, and S.T. Tong. “Interpersonal Dynamics in Online Dating: Profiles, Matching, and Discovery”. A Networked Self and Love. New York, Routledge, June 12, 2018.
- Luo, M., J.T. Hancock, and D. Markowitz. “Perceptions and Detection Accuracy of News on Social Media”. 69th Annual International Communication Association Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 24, 2018.
- Mieczkowski, H., S.X. Liu, J.T. Hancock, and B. Reeves. “Status and Social Robots: Perceptions Based on Physical Characteristics. Communicating With Machines”. 69th Annual International Communication Association Pre-Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 1, 2018.
- Markowitz, D.M., and J.T. Hancock. “Deception in Mobile Dating Conversations”. Journal of Communication, (1-23), April 26, 2018.
- Metaxa-Kakavouli, D., K. Wang, J.A. Landay, and J.T. Hancock. “Gender-Inclusive Design: Sense of Belonging and Bias in Web Interfaces”. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’18), April 21, 2018.